The National Office Of Thermalism and Hydrotherapy is responsible for :
- Proposing and implementing development programs and plans for the hydrotherapy sector and the bottled water sector
- Monitoring the implementation of the quality systems and programs to upgrade the hydrotherapy sector and the bottled water sector.
- Carrying out or commissioning all types of technical ,economic, financial and scientific studies and researches in the sectors of hydrotherapy and bottled water
- Promoting professional training and scientific researches and implementing training programs in the sectors of hydrotherapy and bottled water and ensuring their implementation in collaboration with the relevant structures
- Supervising and assisting investors at all development stages and operations of their projects, providing technical assistance and other necessary work to the proper achievement of their projects
- Granting the authorizations and licenses of hot springs exploitation in accordance with a distribution plan approved by decree.
- Classifying hydrotherapy units on the basis of criteria established by a join order of the minister of health and the minister of tourism
- Classifying bottled water units by order of the minister of health
- Proposing hydrotherapy service fees and bottled water prices at all stages to the relevant authorities
- Controlling the activities relating to the exploitation of water sources and pumping stations in order to ensure the better use of natural resources in collaboration with the ministry in charge of water resources
- Participating in the proposal and implementation of conservation programs, maintenance and protection of water resources in collaboration with the ministry in charge of water resources and the ministries involved in the sector of hydrotherapy and bottled water.
- Controlling of the hydrotherapy and bottled water sector and taking the appropriate measures in collaboration with other public authorities.
- Promoting the hydrotherapy and bottled water sector end encouraging the international cooperation and experiences exchange in the sector.